Khirbet Qanafar has two watermills one of which is earlier than 16th century and they operate on the flow of Nabe’ el Khraizet to grind wheat into flour. Mat-hanet el Jawze is the oldest watermill but it has deteriorated and can only be distinguish by its ruins. However, Mat-hanet Massoud is more recent and is relatively well preserved.
Overlooking the Bekaa valley there is the “cave of repentance” which is in fact a tomb carved into the rock dating back to the Roman period and distinguished by a carved relief above the entrance representing male and female figures.
In the valley of Wadi el Jawz there are eight tombs carved into the rock some of which have been degraded over the years by natural causes. These tombs date back to the Roman period and each was big enough to bury three or more persons. There is also a natural cave in Wadi el Jawz with stalactites and stalagmites.
The Maqam el Sheikh Mothafar is located close to the municipality building and was built to honor Adiy Ibn Mosfer, a famous Sufi born in this village in the 11th century. The church of St. Elijah is the older of two churches in the village and was built in the 19th century by the Maronite community. A second church was built in 1911 by the Melkite Catholic community.