POSITION: ECOTOURISM OFFICER
Role description: The ecotourism manager handles the planning and implementation of a wide range of ecotourism events, accommodations, activities and projects at Shouf Cedar Society.
Job location: Shouf Biosphere Reserve Park House – Maasser El Shouf – Lebanon
Requirements for position:
- Fluent in Arabic and English (Oral and written)
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of MS office applications, basic software applications and familiarity with the internet and email communications.
- Ability to work with people with different backgrounds.
- High motivation and conflict management skills.
- Lebanese nationality
Educational qualifications / experience:
- Bachelor in environmental science ecotourism development or any related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in similar role or in implementing ecotourism projects.
- Strong track record of past performance in positions of leadership with ability to motivate and generate respect and trust from staff and external stakeholders.
- Oversee employees of own Department and monitor all field activities related to ecotourism.
- Perform evaluation of employees in own Department based on a clear performance evaluation mechanism.
- Prepare an inventory of ecotourism activities existing in Shouf and surrounding areas.
- Collect statistical data and characteristics of tourists interested in ecotourism.
- Develop ecotourism goals and objectives that align with Shouf Cedar Society’s mission.
- Develop a marketing plan that will increase visitors interest in attending activities.
- Develop ecotourism packages which describes activities and costs.
- Develop a method for collecting data relating to ecotourism activities and a method for evaluation results.
- Develop brochures and material related to ecotourism.
- Train and develop guides and conduct workshops for field guides on topics related to ecotourism.
- Support in marketing of the Reserve through the development of flyers and campaigns.
- Develop networks with tour organizers, travel agencies, etc.
- Support in the development of monthly and annual reports for the Reserve’s Committee and Ministry of Environment in related field.
Deadline for applications: Friday, October 20, 2017