Distance from Beirut: 41km
Altitude: 1200
Bmohray contains the remains of Roman monuments and rock sarcophagi, but there is no record at all of the history of the village. Most probably, its first inhabitants were tradesmen engaged in the trade of cedar wood, which is still abundant in the area. Bmohray was the first village in the north to become part of the Shelter of Arz Al-Shouf. It has one million square meters of cedar trees, as well as at least three million square meters of pine trees. Before the war, the main source of income for the village was horticulture, especially apples. Attempts to revitalize this economic activity, however, are being hindered by the lack of water for irrigation. There are no restaurants or hotels at Bmohray, but there are several sites close to houses and in the pine forests that are pleasantly suitable for picnics and camping